S. Murty Goddu, PhD
Associate Professor of Radiation Oncology
- BS, Physics: Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India (1983)
- MS, Nuclear Physics: Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India (1985)
- PhD, Nuclear Physics: Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, India (1991)
- Residency, Medical Physics: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (1999)
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Medical Physics (2001)
S. Murty Goddu, PhD is an associate professor of radiation oncology. He joined the faculty in 2003. He earned a PhD in Nuclear Physics from Andhra University in Visakhapatnam, India in 1991 and completed a residency in medical physics, CAMPEP accredited, at Washington University School of Medicine in 1997. His responsibilities include quality assurance of the treatment machines, chart checking, and quality assurance of different treatment modalities ex. 3D-conformal, Image Guided-IMRT, Proton Therapy, Gamma-Knife, brachytherapy, and radiopharmaceutical treatments. His research interests are to develop novel and efficient QA tools towards improving patient safety. He is certified in Therapeutic Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology.