Harold Li, PhD
Professor of Radiation Oncology
- Phone: 314-747-9993
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Medical Physics Research
- Chief of External Beam Medical Physics Service
- BS, Solid State Electronics: Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China (1992)
- MS, Materials Science: Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China (1995)
- PhD, Materials Science: Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany (2001)
- Medical Physics Residency: Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (2004)
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Physics (2006)
H. Harold Li, PhD, is a professor of radiation oncology. He is currently Director of Physics Research, Medical Physics division. He earned a PhD in Material Sciences specializing in radiation detectors for medical applications in 2001 from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg in Erlangen, Germany, and joined the faculty in 2004 after completing a residency in medical physics at the University of Florida. He is certified in Therapeutic Radiological Physics by the American Board of Radiology. Dr. Li’s main research interests are materials and devices for radiation therapy dosimetry and radiation therapy under real-time MRI guidance.
Dr. Li is the Director of Research in Medical Physics. In this role, Dr. Li assists the Director of Medical Physics in managing medical physics research within the Division and oversees each of the working groups that are developing new radiation therapy technology. His research lab, funded by the NIH since 2008, develops high resolution dosimetry systems for radiation therapy dosimetry. In addition, he leads MRgRT group in developing both experimental and computational methods for radiation therapy patient dosimetry subject to a permanent magnetic field.