Jeff Szymanski, MD, PhD
Instructor of Radiation Oncology
- Phone: 314-747-5019
- Email: email@example.com
- BS, Biochemistry: Northern Michigan University (2005)
- PhD, Physiology: Wayne State University (2014)
- MD: Wayne State University (2014)
- Residency, Laboratory Medicine: Washington University in St. Louis (2014-2017)
- Chief Resident, Laboratory Medicine: Washington University in St. Louis (2016)
- Molecular Pathology Fellowship: Washington University in St. Louis (2018)
Jeff Szymanski is an Instructor in the Cancer Biology Division of the Department of Radiation Oncology. He completed his MD and PhD at Wayne State University in Detroit in 2014, studying post-transcriptional regulation after brain ischemia and reperfusion. Jeff completed a laboratory medicine residency and molecular pathology fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis, where he developed an interest in bioinformatics and clinical genomics.
Jeff’s role in the Cancer Biology Division is to support and develop research efforts related to bioinformatics. His responsibilities include assistance with experimental design, implementation of bioinformatics pipelines, downstream statistical analysis and data visualization, computational support and training, and liaison between clinical and bioinformatics researchers.