Calvin Lewis, MD, PhD
Instructor of Radiation Oncology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor of Science in Medicinal Chemistry: University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO (2011)
- MD, PhD: University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine and Department of Chemistry. Columbia, MO (2017)
- Intern Resident Physician: Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO (2018)
- Postdoctoral Associate: Radiation Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2019)
- Residency, Radiation Oncology: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (2023)
Theranostics, Genitourinary Oncology, Prostate Cancer, Neuro-Oncology
Calvin Lewis, MD, PhD, is an Instructor of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Lewis earned his Bachelor of Science in Medicinal Chemistry from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2011 and earned his MD and PhD in Bio-Organic Chemistry and Medicine from the University of Missouri-Columbia as well in 2017. Before joining our faculty as a physician scientist in 2023, Dr. Lewis spent time as a resident at Saint Louis University, Postdoctoral Researcher at Washington University School of Medicine, and became Chief Resident for the University of Iowa-Department of Radiation Oncology in 2022.
Dr. Lewis’s research career objectives involve the discovery of novel cancer targets and development of targeted therapeutics such as radioimmunoconjugates (RICs) and antibody- or peptide-drug conjugates (ADCs). Dr. Lewis’s lab will focus on the targeted delivery of humanized antibodies conjugated to imaging radioligands to prostate cancers that express radiation-inducible antigens. His research training includes chemical and biochemical DNA studies, in addition to antibody and peptide drug development research.