- BA, Physics: University of Montana, Missoula, MT (2007)
- BA, Mathematics: University of Montana, Missoula, MT (2009)
- MS, Medical Physics & Health Physics: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (2012)
- Residency, Medical Physics: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2014)
- PhD, Medical Physics: Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Massachusetts Lowell, MA (2018)
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology in Therapeutic Radiological Physics (2015)
Nels Knutson, PhD, is an assistant professor of radiation oncology and joined the faculty in 2016. He earned a MS in medical physics and health physics in 2012 from the department of physics at Louisiana State University and his PhD in medical physics from the department of biomedical engineering at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell in 2018. Dr. Knutson’s research interests include automated linac commissioning and proton therapy. He is certified in therapeutic radiological physics by the American Board of Radiology.
(Disclaimer: This listing may not include all articles associated with this faculty member and may include publications related to others with a similar name.)