- What is the deadline to apply?
For the Fall 2022 semester, applications must be submitted no later than March 1st 2022. International applicants are encouraged to submit applications by January 15, 2022 to allow time for VISA processing. Applications submitted by February 1, 2022 will receive priority consideration.
- What semester can I start this program?
The program begins in the fall semester of each academic year.
- Are the classes available in the evening or online?
Currently, the classes for this program are only available as a full time day format.
- Can non-degree seeking students take these classes?
Enrollment is open to others in the Washington University community who are interested in taking individual courses, if there is room available and prerequisites have been met.
- Does the program accept transfer credits from another program or university?
With approval from the program a director, up to 2 courses (no more than 6 units) from a CAMPEP accredited institution/program may be transferred. The total number of credit hours required for the MSMP degree is 30, of which 24 units must be taken through the MSMP program at Washington University. Students who have taken more than 6 units of the same courses through another program at Washington University must fulfill the minimum 24 credit hour requirement with additional electives.
- Can I pursue this degree if I am a part-time student?
Currently, the program is designed for full time study. (This may change depending on approval for part time requirements.)
- Do the classes have to be taken in a specific order?
It is required that the courses be taken in the specified sequence in order to fulfill all prerequisite requirements for subsequent courses.
- What classes are accepted for the elective requirements?
Electives must be courses offered through Washington University in St. Louis but can be taken from a number of different departments and programs. Students are encouraged to select electives which provide a useful didactic background for them. Recommended electives should be at the graduate level (500 numbering or above) and generally come from departments listed as Medical Physics (MP), Physics (Physics), Biomedical Engineering (BME), Electrical and Systems Engineering (ESE), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), or Mathematics (Math). The student’s Faculty Advisor will provide guidance and approval for elective selection.
The following provides a list of some example electives pertinent to the Master of Science in Medical Physics program:
- BME 544 Biomedical Instrumentation (Spring)
- BME 570 Mathematics of Imaging Science (Fall)
- Phys 435 Nuclear and Radiochemistry Lab (Spring)
- BME 594 Ultrasound Imaging (Fall)
- ESE 5933 Theoretical Imaging Science (Fall)
- ESE 5934 Practicum in Imaging Science (Spring)
- CSE 417t Introduction to Machine Learning (Spring)
- CSE 427s Cloud Computing and Bid Data Applications (Spring)
- CSE 514A Data Mining (Spring/Fall)
- CSE 559A Computer Vision (Fall)
Course enrollment is subject to completion of all prerequisite requirements.
Tuition for elective courses will vary depending on the department through which each course is offered. Please see the following links for information on tuition rates for each department.