- What is the deadline to apply?
For the fall 2021 semester, applications must be submitted no later than March 1st 2021. International applicants are encouraged to submit applications by December 31st to allow time for VISA processing. Applications submitted by February 1st will receive priority consideration.
- What semester can I start this program?
The program begins in the fall semester of each academic year.
- Are the classes available in the evening or online?
Currently, the classes for this program are only available as a full time day format.
- Can non-degree seeking students take these classes?
Enrollment is open to others in the Washington University community who are interested in taking individual courses, if there is room available and prerequisites have been met.
- Does the program accept transfer credits from another program or university?
With approval from the program a director, up to 2 courses (no more than 6 units) from a CAMPEP accredited institution/program may be transferred. The total number of credit hours required for the MSMP degree is 30, of which 24 units must be taken through the MSMP program at Washington University. Students who have taken more than 6 units of the same courses through another program at Washington University must fulfill the minimum 24 credit hour requirement with additional electives.
- Can I pursue this degree if I am a part-time student?
Currently, the program is designed for full time study. (This may change depending on approval for part time requirements.)
- Do the classes have to be taken in a specific order?
It is required that the courses be taken in the specified sequence in order to fulfill all prerequisite requirements for subsequent courses.
- What classes are accepted for the elective requirements?
The following courses will be accepted to fulfill elective requirements:
- E-CSE-417T Introduction to Machine Learning
- E-CSE427s Cloud computing and Big Data Applications
- E-CSE-559A Computer Vision
- E-BME594 Ultrasound imaging
- E-MSB560 Biostatistics I
- E-MSB570 Biostatistics II
- E-CSE511 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- E-CSE-554A Geometric Computing for Biomedicine
- E-BME593 Computational Methods for Imaging Sciences
- E-CSE514A Data mining
Course enrollment is subject to completion of all prerequisite requirements.
Tuition for elective courses will vary depending on the department through which each course is offered. Please see the following links for information on tuition rates for each department.